How to use Windows10/Mobile voices?

Discussion in 'Easy Voice' started by Zack, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Zack

Zack
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I recently purchased Easy Voice from the Unity asset store and wanted to use the Microsoft Mark voice for my project. The problem is I can only select from Microsoft David and Microsoft Zira even though other voices appear in my speech settings (Catherine, Mark and James).

I was wondering whether support for these voices could be added, or some instructions on how to use the voices in case I missed something?

Thanks,

Zack

2. Alberto

Alberto
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Zack,

Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of confusion around the various versions of Windows and associated speech technologies which has only continued with Windows 10. To summarize, Easy Voice uses the native Windows Speech API (SAPI5) and automatically lists all installed voices that are accessible by that API. The other voices you are now able to add in Windows 10 use different API's (Windows Mobile) which are not accessible on desktop.

Here's an article that goes into the details I summarized above:
    Microsoft Speech

There are other free SAPI5 voices available that you can find online but quality will vary. If you're looking for high quality voices (paid), users have had good things to say about CereProc and Acapela (iVox) TTS voices.